Copywriters are responsible for generating the words, slogans and audio scripts that accompany advertising visuals.
Creative copywriters are employed by agencies either permanently or on a freelance basis to develop advertising concepts. They mainly deliver the words and verbal content that accompanies the visual elements.
The typical creative process can involve:
- discussing the client’s core message and target audience
- brainstorming visual and copy ideas with other members of the creative team
- writing and presenting a few options to clients
- modifying copy until the client is satisfied
- overseeing the production phase.
More information can be found here.